Oakbrook Animal Hospital: Your Gardner and Johnson County Veterinarian
We welcome you to the official website for Oakbrook Animal Hospital, your Gardner and Johnson County area veterinarian. We don't just treat animals here -- we believe in creating a special bond with pets and their owners, creating lasting, trust-based relationships while doing everything we can to improve our patients' quality of life.
A Skilled Team Delivering Expert Pet Care
Either veterinarian on our skilled team can provide your pets with a lifetime of high-quality care. Owner/Veterinarian Dr. Tom Buckley has been helping area pets enjoy healthier lives since founding our animal hospital in 1993. In addition to his skills in all aspects of primary veterinary care, he takes a special interest in fields such as ophthalmology, pain management and surgery. Assistant Veterinarian Dr. Larry Garten has been with us since 2002, providing not only expert care but also a wealth of education and advice to pet owners.
The Preventative Care, Medical Treatment and Surgery Team Gardner Residents Trust
Oakbrook Animal Hospital is proud to serve as the source for preventative care, veterinary treatment, and surgery as well as cat and dog boarding Johnson County and Gardner pet owners have come to trust and rely on. Your special friends will benefit greatly from the comprehensive range of services and techniques we offer, such as:
- Preventative wellness care - We provide ongoing wellness exams, vaccinations and booster shots, pest/parasite prevention and other essential preventative services. Spay and neuter surgery can also be considered preventative care, not just for preventing pregnancy but also in terms of preventing reproductive cancers and other potential health hazards.
- Pet dental care - We believe strongly that pet dental care revolves around regular dental evaluations and cleanings. We now offer digital dental x-rays to help with early diagnosis and treatment of a variety of issues, from periodontal disease to oral cancer.
- Diagnostics - We maintain in-house lab testing, radiology and cardiology facilities to provide swift, accurate diagnoses so your pet gets the care he needs as soon as possible.
- Treatment - We offer surgery, cold laser therapy, allergy care, dermatology, nutrition and weight management services to treat all sorts of diseases and disorders, from chronic musculoskeletal pain to systemic diseases.
- Critical care - When your pet is in serious trouble, our animal hospital in Gardner is ready to help. We can provide emergency diagnosis and treatment for acute trauma, heat stroke, seizures, poisoning and a great many other critical situations.
- Dog and cat boarding/grooming - We can provide your dog or cat with skilled veterinary care, a pleasant place to stay and lots of fun at our boarding facility. We also offer grooming services to optimize your pet's looks, smell and (of course) health.
Pay a Visit to Our Animal Hospital in Gardner
Our animal hospital hospital in Gardner wants to give your pets the finest care and most personal treatment they can possibly have. If that's what you want for them as well, call (913) 884-8778 to arrange a visit to our clinic!